Training and Staff Development
Our training spans the gamut from simple introductory and evangelism seminars to full day tactical presentations and multi-day courses.
Rather than canned slides, lectures, exercises, and worksheets, each course is tailored to your organization's specific business goals and personnel--ideally including examples pertinent to your daily business processes.
- Objects, APIs, and Patterns for Non-Believers
- XML Architecture: One format to rule them all (not really)
- Software Prototyping: The Art and Craft of the Straw-Man
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS): The Good, the Bad, and the Not-So-Ugly
- Taming the Penguin: Migrating your IT infrastructure to Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu)
Prior to delivery we will meet to discuss your specific business goals. No matter the extent of the training, all courses include a follow-up next-day review session.
The overwhelming body of evidence suggests that:
- Different people have distinct learning styles. One size does not fit all.
- Information retention, skill formation, and motivation are improved when presented within familiar contexts. You'll learn accounting faster if you're balancing your own checkbook.
- Rest periods between novel stimuli and even brief repetition improves the integration of knowledge and skills. Sleeping on it really works.